Thursday, February 26, 2015

A St. Patty's Day Treat for SRM

Hi!  I'm busy getting ready for the Doodle Crew Retreat this weekend today!  I can't wait to see all my crafty friends and stay up late all weekend crafting!  It's so much fun!!

I thought I'd take a break from packing and pop on to share a treat I made for St. Patrick's Day- it's also being shared on the SRM Blog today:


These medium sized Clear Purse Boxes are so fun to fill up!  I wanted it to look like a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow so I filled it with some gold covered chocolates and Skittles :)  After it was full of goodies, I started decorating the front.  I went with a fun little cluster of green and gold embellishment on the left side of the handle.

I placed a strip of green patterned paper cut into a banner shape first.  Next, I pulled a green label sticker from the Labels By The Dozen/Christmas Sticker Sheet to use as my next layer.  Once it was down, I added some green zig zag sticker stitches from the Sticker Stitches/Christmas Sticker Sheet over the banners.  
I pulled out the Life is Good Stamp Set by Jane's Doodles next, stamping out the tag and heart.  I cut around it and punched a hole through the top.  I tied a bit of Pea Pod Baker's Twine around the top and finished in a bow.  I also added the Good Luck sentiment from the Sentiment/Thinking of You Sticker Sheet.  I added the tag to the purse along with some gold sequins to finish off the look:


Who wouldn't want a rainbow candy treat on St. Patrick's Day? :)

Thanks for stopping by today!!
post signature

1 comment:

Queen Mary said...

Tessa, I love this! It is wonderful and I am a tough customer when it comes to St. Patrick's Day. I do not care for the cutesy crap.
Mary

 
site design by designer blogs