Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Thank My Lucky Stars for You Card

Good morning!  Hope your day is off to a good start! :)  I'm sharing a card I made for my husband today using the Starry Night Stamp Set by Waffle Flower Crafts:


This stamp set is one of my favorites!  There are so many options and it's fun to build space scenes!  I started with a black cardstock panel and stamped some stars and dots with white ink.  Next, I splattered it with some shimmer spray.  The sentiment was added to the bottom corner using Versamark and embossing it with white powder.  I added a few rhinestones around it, too!

I knew I wanted to create an inlaid diecut look with the moon.  I stamped the outline onto gray paper and cut it out.  I added the craters with gray ink and the same shimmer spray as before.  I pulled out the Tiny Heart Die  and placed it in the lower, right hand side of the moon and ran it through my diecut machine.  I then placed my moon onto the black panel using foam adhesive to pop up the moon and the heart for dimension.


Once the focal panel was finished, I made a card out of light aqua cardstock.  I added a bit of patterned paper from Teresa Collins Studio Gold 6x6 pad to the bottom of the card.  I added a strip of silver foil paper over the seam, at an angle across the card.  I placed a panel of vellum on the card next, at an angle and then layered my black panel over the top, also at a slight angle.  I love the layers!

I'm so glad I pulled out the Starry Night Stamp Set to play with- it really is a fun one! :)  Hope you have a great day!
post signature

2 comments:

Shelly said...

This is AWESOME, Tessa! Love everything about it!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is so pretty! I really love the die cut heart!

 
site design by designer blogs