Monday, December 8, 2014

A Card for Craft Hoarders Anonymous

I'm playing along with the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge today as one of their guest designers :)  If you haven't played along with one of their challenges yet you should check them out!  Any project is welcome- as long as you're busting some of that stash lol!

I pulled out some of my old favorites along with a few new pieces for this card.  It also features a gift card on the front- I do these every year for the teachers and the gift cards are getting cuter and cuter!  I love how they look on the front of cards :)


I started with a white card base and added the striped paper to the left hand side.  I added the scallop diecut edge to it next, cutting it the same length as the patterned paper.  The Starbucks gift card was next, taking main stage lol!  I added the sparkly snowflake next and then got to work on my sentiment layers.

I watercolored a piece of watercolor paper with various greens to mimic the green on the gift card.  When it was dry, I diecut it using the Holiday Fill In The Blank die set by Avery Elle.  I stamped the rest of the sentiment from the coordinating Holiday Fill In The Blank stamp set with Versamark onto vellum and embossed it with white powder.  Then, I diecut it using a long label die.



I layered the sentiments on to my card and added a bit of twine to finish it off.  I love the eclectic look I ended up with!  I can't wait to give this one to one of the girls' teachers :)

I had so much fun playing along with Craft Hoarders Anonymous this month!  Be sure to pop over to their blog to see what the rest of the team created!

post signature

5 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

How fun! That gift card fits in perfectly. Love the color of the Merry!

Gloria Stengel said...

I love your fresh and clean style! The colors are amazing together! Thank you for being a guest designer for Craft Hoarders Anonymous this month!

Vicki S said...

I love the clean graphic look that incorporates the crisp lines of the gift card. You have inspired me. I will take a second look at the gift card designs this year.

Glenda said...

I love the clean lines of your card and the little pop of sparkle! Thanks for being a guest designer at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Debbie Adams said...

Beautiful card, love all the colors and textures. A Super great gift for a teacher at Christmas time. :D
Had to stop by and leave a comment on your beautiful card as I am also a GD at Craft Hoarders with you for the month of December.
Deborah :D

 
site design by designer blogs