Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A Happy Camper Hello Card

Good morning!  I thought I'd pop on this morning and share a fun card I made recently.  This one features the adorable Happy Trails stamp set by Lawn Fawn:


I started my card by stamping the stars from Starry Backdrops onto a robin's egg blue card base.  I used Versamark and then added clear embossing powder and heat set it for a shiny finish.

I diecut a large stitched journaling card and cut it to fit my card front.  I stamped my scene using Versafine Onyx Black ink and then paper pieced the trees in.  I added the sun in yellow and the hello, too.  I stamped the camper onto white cardstock and fussy cut around it.  I colored the camper with a silver paint pen and then shadowed over it using Prismacolor pencils and gamsol.  I added some shadows and ground using the pencils and a copic marker, too.

I finished my card by adding a banner of the striped paper from the Hello Sunshine 6x6 pad.  I embellished it with a few sequins from the same collection and a bit of linen thread.


This one was fun!  I love how the camper turned out using the silver paint marker- I can't wait to use that again!  I am adding this to the Lawnscaping Challenge this week- it's all about embossing:


Well, I hope you have a fun day!  If you have time, don't forget to pop over and vote for this round of Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking Magazine's Gallery Idol contest- I'm hoping to make it into the next round!!

Thanks for stopping by :)
post signature

11 comments:

Cary said...

Tessa... OMG! I love this card it is so me! On my way to CASE YOU!XXXOOO

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a cute little scene, I love this!

Jingle said...

This is SO super cute! I love it!

Shelly said...

Aww...so sweet and cute! Love it!

Marisol Benitez said...

Super cute!

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Very cute! Great little banner details with the embellishments! :)

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Such a super sweet scene and GREAT card design! Love it!
Thanks for playing with us at lawnscaping, hugs, Karin

Coralynn Murray said...

Very cute card! Love the colours :)

Stacey Schafer said...

LOVE this, Tessa! so totally fun!

Elise C. said...

Such a sweet little scene! So, so cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!! :)

Christiana said...

Really darling card, Tessa! Nice job! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

 
site design by designer blogs