Thursday, December 5, 2013

Papered Ornaments

Hello!

How's your week going?  We've been busy here- we decorated our tree and put our lights up outside.  It's so fun getting all the Christmas stuff out- I only wish I had more! :)  I love decorating for the holidays.  Every year I make a few ornaments for our tree I thought I'd share a few that I've made this year.  I've been using a paper-mache' technique I learned in a Stephanie Ackerman class I took last year- it is so much fun and really easy to do.  Here are my ornaments:

Merry and Bright
Merry and Bright Ornament

Mr. Foxy
Can you guess what song I had stuck in my head?  Hee!
Fox Ornament

Cocoa
I added a little glitter to the inside of the cup.
Cocoa Ornament

Snowflake
This one is actually more aqua then green... 
Snowflake Ornament

The base is a glass ornament.  Then I paper-mached torn book print over the top.  Once that was done, I tore, cut, or punched different shapes from inked book print and added them.  Next is the shadowing and then I added some embellishments.

It's such a joy to see fun handmade ornaments on my tree!  The girls have been busy making some, too but I'll share them another day...

Hope you have a great afternoon!

-tessa

3 comments:

Jingle said...

These are absolutely amazing! I so love them! Of course, the fox is my favorite!

Miriam Prantner said...

I love these, and love that I got to see you make them! So fun!

Kelly S. said...

These are so awesome! How did you do the writing over the top? (Or is that just your cool writing...it's fab!!)

 
site design by designer blogs