Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thanks, You're Awesome!

Hello!

How is your week going?  Mine is going fast!!!  I am in disbelief that it is Thursday!  Of course, I had lots to do this week and got nothing done.  Monday was spent on recovering from my awesome weekend at the Scrapdoodles Retreat!  I had the best time I've ever had at a crop!  My friends and I seriously laughed the entire time- it was wonderful!!  If you are in Virginia or willing to travel, these crops are great!  They sell out fast though- there is already a waiting list for the November one!

Tuesday I was out of the house all day helping out at the store and the last two days were snow days!  You can't beat snow days, especially in March! :)  The girls played outside a lot yesterday and I have a feeling today will be a movie, craft, and games day... The snow will probably be all gone by tomorrow and it is supposed to be in the 60s by Sunday!  Can you believe that?  Crazy weather!

Today I have a card I made over the weekend using some new goodies from Lawn Fawn and a flair button from Bossy Joscie:


One of the best things about cropping with your friends is that you get to borrow their cute stamps!  My friend Kristen picked up the A Little Birdie Told Me set along with the matching die from Lawn Fawn and let me use it for this card.  I stamped the bird onto the plaid patterned paper as well as white cardstock.  I colored the one on the white cardstock with my Copic markers and cut him out.  I pieced him on to the plaid paper and added some shadowing with my markers to finish it off.  The sentiment is from the So Much to Say set by Lawn Fawn and fits perfectly into the speech bubble.  Once my stamping was done, I embellished my card with a strip of yellow polka-dot washi from Queen and Co. and wrapped it with some Caribbean twine from The Twinery.  I finished my card off by adding the cute 'Thanks' flair button by Bossy Joscie.


I'm happy I finally got to pick up some of Joscie's flair!  Isn't it fun?  I love the look and definitely need more!  The vintage book print and security envelope buttons are calling my name! :)

Anyways, better finish up here- the girls are wanting to build a fort and need my table!  I think I'll surprise them with some homemade cookies, too!  I love snow days!  Hee!

-tessa

1 comment:

Miriam Prantner said...

So cute! Love the birdie and the flair!

 
site design by designer blogs