Monday, March 18, 2013

A Calico Whale Card

Hello!  It's a snowy Monday here in Northern Virginia and we managed to get the day off of school!  :)  My girls are happily in their jammies playing with Perler beads.  Thanks to Pinterest, they have found so many fun patterns for them lately!

While they are busy, I thought I'd share a card!  I made this one using the Critters Under the Sea set by Lawn Fawn:


I thought it would be fun to stamp this little guy onto some patterned paper and cut him out.  This paper is from the 6x6 pad of We R Memory Keepers Simply Spring line.  I stamped the sentiment, waves and his water spout with Midnight Muse ink from Stampin' Up and then added some white and navy ink splatters.  I used pop dots to add my whale to the scene.  Lastly, I embellished the top left corner with a little gray washi from My Mind's Eye and some epoxy dots from Teresa Collins.


I'm happy with how this little card turned out!  To tell you the truth, I had made a whole other card with this little whale- a CAS number that I hated!  I threw it away before I went to bed and when I woke up the next day, I pulled it out of the trash and took the whale off... it wasn't his fault! :)  I'm glad I saved him!

Well, hope you enjoy your day!  I'll be getting crafty with my girls for the most part so I will definitely be enjoying mine!

-tessa

4 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

So glad you saved him. This is so cute! I love the washi and dots too!

Anonymous said...

So cute *___*

Taheerah said...

I love this card *so* much Tessa!! The colours are perfect, the little splatters a perfect touch, that little whale looks so happy splashing about!! This card just makes me so happy!!

Elena said...

I'm glad you saved him too! He's adorable in that soft pattern. And love that washi tape too!

 
site design by designer blogs