Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

I'm sure it will take a few weeks of writing it to get used to the idea that 2013 is here!  Hope you had a wonderful night last night, ringing it it- did you stay up?  We had our New Year's celebration at 10pm- after an evening filled with many games, ice cream sundaes, and a visit from our good friends.  The girls loved the count down and clinking their fancy glasses full of sparkling cider!

Now I am just thinking over some goals for myself in the new year.  I have one- an important one, too.  It is to find some direction.  I have been feeling a little lost lately, both on my blog and in my personal life.  It is weird how things change and you find yourself saying what was I doing again?  lol!  Luckily, no drama is a part of my reasons for being lost.  I think it has to do with my girls going to school full time.  I have been board at home ever since... I need to figure out what to do next.

As for my blog, I think I've been a little lost since I stopped being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator.  It has taken a long time for me to find my spot here- what stamps I like, what style I like, what I like to make... I am feeling much more confident going into this year that I will have something worthwhile to contribute to blog land!  I may not have a 'home' like I did with Stampin' Up! but I am feeling content in where I am now.

One thing I will be doing this year is learning some new skills.  I am planning to focus on something different every month and learning all I can in that field.  For January, I am focusing on family history research.  I have done a lot of my research all ready but I really want to focus on it and learn all I can through the internet.   When I go back to Seattle over the summer, I am planning to scan as many old pictures and documents as I can as well as record some of the stories my grandparents tell me.

I haven't made plans for each month but maybe later today I will make a little list of the things I'd like to learn  more about.

Well, after all those deep thoughts, I guess I should share a card!  I made this card yesterday with a new stamp set I received from my secret santa:


Goodies:

stamps: Picnic set by Basic Grey/ Hero Arts; Hey Day Sentiments by Studio Calico/ Hero Arts
ink: Memento ink in Tuxedo Black
paper: Naturals White, Basic Black cardstock by Stampin' Up!; pink cardstock by Bazzill Basics; patterned paper from Hip Hip Hooray line by Pebbles, Inc
accessories: Copic markers, Dazzling Details and Scallop edge punch by Stampin' Up!

I have been trying to practice my coloring more and here I used some new Copic markers I picked up over the weekend.  I am lucky to have a couple of friends who really know their stuff when it comes to Copics and I am hoping they will teach me all their tips and techniques!

A Blog Named Hero is challenging us this week to use something new and since I got this set for Christmas, I thought I'd link up!  If you have time be sure to check out their current challenge.

Well, I hope you are enjoying the first day of the new year and thank you for stopping by my blog today!  Sorry if reflections aren't your thing... I promise to not do it too often! :)

-tessa

3 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

The coloring looks great Tessa, a wonderful card. There are so many fun techniques/things to try when it comes to stamping, I think you're going to have a lot of fun this year!

Kelly Griglione said...

It's a perfect time to reflect. Can't wait to see where you land, stamping-wise : ) What a fun journey, though, right?! (speaking of "fun", that's totally how I'd describe your card!)

Kristen said...

What a bright fun card, so happy. Cheers to 2013, hope your year is great!

xo, Kristina
Visitina from ABNH Challenge
Hope you can visit me too <3
www.pearlgateway.com

 
site design by designer blogs