Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Cupcake Card

With a little time on my hands, I thought I'd play along with a challenge!  I searched for card sketch challenges and came across Freshly Made Sketches.  They have some fun designs!  Here is the card I made for their current sketch:


And here is the sketch:


The color scheme for my card was inspired by my January 2013 Better Homes and Gardens magazine cover:


I loved the purple and coral on top of yellow!  So bright and springy and perfect for a fun birthday card! One of my new year's resolutions is to send more cards.  I always need to send birthday cards so I will be creating these more often... and actually sending them!

Hope you are having a great weekend!  We have had the week off so today doesn't really feel like a Saturday- I am thankful that we still have a few days left of our time off!  We are planning a few more mini adventures before everyone is back to school and work.  :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

-tessa

4 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

I love your fun take on the sketch! And how cool that your magazine inspired the colors! I feel like I should start checking out my magazines for some ideas!! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches! I hope you'll be back!

Jen Timko said...

This is such fun, Tessa! I love the little envelope detail and the great embellishments. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Taheerah said...

Very cute Tessa! Retro and modern at the same time, just like that magazine cover!

Rita W said...

Fun colors and I love the little kraft bag to hold the tag! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches! Happy New Year!

 
site design by designer blogs