Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Fun Ruffled Flowers Card

Hello!

I've got a pretty card to share today- one with some fun, 3-D flowers! And, they are easy to make, too! Here is my card:


Goodies:

Kindness Matters stamp set, Basic Black ink, Sahara Sand cardstock, Scallop Edge punch, Circle punches, Scallop Circle punch and Wisteria Wonder ribbon by Stampin' Up!
Vintage Vogue Collection patterned papers, Spool Buttons, Ephemera, and Ribbon Trims; Nantucket Collection Clear Stamps by Pink Paislee
Vintage Rose Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels


The flowers are so easy to make. To make the purple one, just take about half a yard of your favorite crochet trim and run a stitch through the bottom edge. Tie the ends of your string together to gather your trim into a flower. It will look great every time!

The scalloped paper flower is one of my all time favorite flowers to create. Just punch 4 scallop circles out of your favorite paper. Scrunch them each tightly into a ball with your hands- use a spritz of water if the paper is extra thick and tough to crinkle. Uncrinkle them and pile them on top of each other with your pattern facing up. Pierce a hole into the center, going through all of the scalloped circles. Add a brad to hold them together and then scrunch each layer around the brad until it is to your liking.

Not too hard, right? And they add so much texture to any project.

I'm going to be heading out the door shortly for an outing to Ikea! I love that store- so much inspiration and pretty things to buy! There is one in my town that I can go to when ever I want and I still get excited to visit. My girls have already put an order in for Swedish meatballs for dinner so I guess I'll be picking some of those up, too!

Hope you enjoy your day! Thanks for stopping by to take a peek!

-tessa

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs