Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful Card

Hello!

Hope everyone is well today! I am- I love having short work weeks and long weekends, especially when we get to spend them with family and friends!

I have a card to share today- it was lots of fun to make mostly because I got to use paint and use a technique I hadn't tried before. I saw the technique on the Martha Stewart show- She and Patricia Arquette made these cool t-shirts with feathers printed on them. I thought they looked so cool and had to try the technique on a card! Pretty artsy fartsy, right? Hee! Here is my card:


Goodies:

paper: cardstock by Stampin' Up!; patterned paper by October Afternoon
fabric: Sticky Back Canvas by Claudine Hellmuth Studio
rubons: stitches by Studio Calico
letter stickers: Jenni Bowlin
paint: Adirondack Paint Dauber by Ranger
accessories: hemp twine and feathers- craft supply

Are you wondering how I did it? Here is a link to the Martha Stewart site with directions on how she did her shirts. I just used a piece of sticky back canvas instead of a t-shirt. I also tried it directly onto my card front which also worked out great. You can reuse the same feather a number of times and each print will come out differently. Make sure you have lots of clean scratch paper to press with though- if you use a dirty piece, you will end up pressing the mess right into your card!

Well, I hope you'll try this fun technique! If you do, please let me know- I'd love to see your printed feather projects!

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday as well!

-tessa

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs