Thursday, August 25, 2011

Fun and Funky Fall Cards

Cropping down at Scrapdoodles on Saturday had one thing going that I can't get stamping at home- shopping! Hee! I didn't buy too much but I was so inspired by the new Amy Tangerine Line by American Crafts- I had to get it! Here are a few cards I made using mostly products from this line as well as those great leaf stamps from Stampin' Up!:






Don't you love the funky color scheme? I added some feathers, created a fabric flower (with the fabric paper) and sanded around the edges of my stickers to add some texture to my cards. I wanted to keep the designs simple though. What a fun line of product to play with!

So, things have been a little weird around here this week. I live in Northern Virginia so we felt the earthquake pretty good- I'm from Seattle and spent a few years in California before moving to the east so I knew what was going on. It was just unexpected and weird! We didn't have any damage so that is good! And, I got to teach Zoey and Natalie a science lesson about what causes earthquakes. Zoey was convinced that it was a giant bunny rabbit coming to get us! LOL! I think she got that from a Strawberry Shortcake movie we have!

We had quite a large aftershock last night, too. It woke me up just after 1am and I couldn't get myself back to sleep for a couple hours... I'll be taking it easy around the house today and adding an extra cup of coffee to the menu! Even now every rumble I hear has me on alert.

To top the week off, we get to watch out for a hurricane, too! I'm thinking we'll get the rain but not the full force of the winds but still... what a week!

Sorry for the rambling today. I blame the lack of sleep! Thanks for stopping by and listening, hee!

-tessa

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Tessa, I am so happy I found your blog. Your creations are fabulous!

Tricia L. said...

How fun! :-) You're getting me in the Fall Leaves mood. TFS.

 
site design by designer blogs