Monday, April 26, 2010

Awash with Vintage

Hi! Sorry it's been so long since my last post... isn't it funny how time flies? I've been having fun with my family and we've had a few visitors over the last month or so... I love playing tourist around here and had a great time showing my cousins and mom around DC. I even went on my first adventure to NYC! LOVED the shopping there!

I've been crafting a lot lately too, but most of my work went into the Artisan Awards competition for SU! demos... the dates were a little confusing though and I ended up having to finish 3 cards, 2 scrapbook pages, and both 3-d projects in 3 days! I got it done and in but I think it will be a miracle if I get chosen...

Today I'm sharing a few cards I made over the weekend. I was inspired by the most recent Just Add Ink challenge to create something with a vintage feel. I had so much fun with my new Awash with Flowers set, I made three! Hee! Here they are:





Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Awash with Flowers, Vintage Vogue, Warm Words sets
Ink: Soft Suede, Pink Pirouette, Perfect Plum, Old Olive, So Saffron, Rose Red, and Basic Black Classic Inks; Versamark
Paper: Kraft, Confetti White, Rose Red cardstock; The Write Stuff DSP
Accessories: Hemp Twine, Scallop Edge Punch, Pretty in Pink 1/2" satin ribbon, Top Note Die, Dazzling Diamonds, Paper Piercer, Stampin' Dimensionals

My go to items when creating something with a vintage feel are Kraft and Confetti cardstock and my Soft Suede ink- I love to ink around everything with it using a sponge. I love the soft dingy look it creates! Hee! I wonder what people who aren't card makers think of this? I wonder if they get the vintage feel vibe or if they think it just looks dirty? Hmmm...

The Awash with Flowers set is great- easy to work with and so much fun! The new rubber makes me eager for our new SU! catalog (not out till July). I've already switched over to the new color families and have all my old cardstock ready for an upcoming yardsale. I've kept a few of my old favorites- Ruby Red, Summer Sun, Pale Plum, as well as the retiring In Colors just incase I need them but for the most part, I'm glad about the new changes! Once I rearranged the colors into their new families I saw their beauty and it was like a breath of fresh air for my creativity! I can't wait to see what everyone makes of the new colors!

Well, I better get going! It feels good to be blogging again!

-tessa

9 comments:

Julie said...

So glad you're back! Lovely work, I think I'm gonna' have to get that stamp set! I agree 100% with you about SU's color renovation...it's a step in the right direction!

Anonymous said...

Wow what stunning cards. Anything with twine is vintage to me. Well done. TFS. Cheers Donna Zammit

Bronwyn Eastley said...

All three are exceptionally beautiful. I hope that stamp set comes our way! I love the second one the best. I hope you go well with the Artisan's Awards.

AJ said...

These are all so beautiful, Tess! I hope we get this set over here!!

Kierra said...

all of these cards are very pretty, I especially like the first and third one. Love the vintagy look of them. Good Job ^-^

Danielle Daws said...

You're kidding me... not ONE beautiful card, but THREE??!! These are so beautiful, I love them all. *sigh*

Shari Nelson said...

I love the cards. They do have a vintage feel. Nice job! I like using the kraft paper too. I'll have to get my soft suede out and use it a bit more. Thanks for the tip!

Julie Marshall said...

All three of these cards are just perfect! Couldn't pick a fave if I had to ;) TFS!

Anonymous said...

These are all beautiful and are making wish my set would hurry up and get here. I earned this as a freebie for winning Shelli's stencil challenge and can't wait to get my hands on it after seeing your cards!!!

 
site design by designer blogs