Monday, July 20, 2009

The Button Tree Card

Hello!

Today I'm sharing my submission to the top 10 round of Paper Crafts Magazine's Gallery Idol! I am still a little shocked that I made it through last week! Did you see all those amazing cards?? Hee! This week's theme was great- we had to use buttons as an embellishment on our cards! What better way to showcase them then my favorite stamp set of all time! Here is what I made:



Goodies:

Stamps: Season of Friendship set by Stampin' Up!
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip Classic inks by Stampin' Up!
Paper: patterned paper by Fancy Pants; cardstock by Bazzill Basics
Accessories: Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon, mini clip, Dimensionals, paper piercer by Stampin' Up!; Upper Crest edge punch by Fiskars; White Signo Gel pen; Buttons by Making Memories, Creative Cafe', and some of them were loose from my stash...

I had lots of fun playing along this week! I can't wait to see what everyone else makes! Pop on over to the Gallery Idol page to check them out and of course, vote for your fav!

Hope you have a great day!!

-tessa

19 comments:

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

What a terrific use of buttons! It's a gorgeous card.

jana said...

WOW..Congrats to you !That is absolutely gorgeous!

I am hoping you don't mind this being cased, framed and hung in my scrappin' nook!

MEL said...

OMG, this is SO beautiful!

Nancy Riley said...

Tessa, it does not surprise me in the least that you've made it that far in the contest! Your work is amazing, and this card displays your superb talent beautifully!

Anonymous said...

Did you close on the house?

Anonymous said...

Now this is outstanding! I am going to vote for you somewhere, I will find it!

Debbie said...

Great card. Good luck! Keep us posted.

Diana Gibbs said...

Hi Tessa,
Stephanie has nominated you for a blog award, and I can see why! Holy Moly girl, you da bomb!

Congratulations, and you can pick up your award here: http://dianagibbs.typepad.com/stampin_with_di/2009/07/calendar-chitchat-and-blog-awards.html

Hugs,
Di

stampersim said...

I love this set and the buttons are such an adorable way to adorn the tree. Too cute !!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

This card is a stunner. Adorable!!!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Jess Lundahl said...

GREAT card, again!! I'm on my way over to vote for you. Congrats on making it to the Top 10!!!

Becky A. said...

Love it!!! You've got my vote for sure! Now I KNOW I've got to get that set. Blessings!

Stacey Schafer said...

this is darling!

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful card - Tessa!!! The buttons look awesome on the tree!!!

Connie Collins said...

OMG, this card is too cute for words. I love how you used the buttons to add splashes of color. Gorgeous!

Elizabeth *^..^* said...

Really cute, cute, cute!~! Love the buttons and the DP is perfecto!!

StinkerbellSteph said...

Totally adorable! The buttons are charming!

Anonymous said...

Love your idea of using buttons for the flowers! Marla, Texas

Jennifer Murai said...

What a beautiful card with great use of the buttons. TFS

 
site design by designer blogs