Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A KWerner Color Challenge...

When I saw the latest Color Inspiration Challenge on Kristina Werner's blog this week, I couldn't help but play along! The colors were so rich and gorgeous! Here is what she challenged us with:



And here is what I made:



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Always set
Ink: More Mustard, Really Rust, Going Gray, Basic Gray Classic inks; Versamark
Paper: Basic Gray, Very Vanilla, Really Rust cardstock; Autumn Vine DSP
Accessories: Clear embossing powder, Very Vanilla wide grosgrain ribbon, Stamping Sponges, paper piercer, White Signo Gel pen, Scallop Edge punch, Dimensionals

I decided to go with an old, favorite stamp set, Always... I haven't used it in so long! It was one of my very first Stampin' Up! purchases and definitely worth every penny! Don't you love sets like that!

I also used my favorite technique, emboss resist with the heart... I layered it to incorporate more colors to the design and added a Very Vanilla mat to really make it pop off the background. I wanted to keep it simple so I tried not to go overboard on all the little things... sometimes I have a habit of that! Hee!

Thanks for taking a peek today! I am thinking of taking my girls to explore a new park... it is too perfect outside to stay inside!

-tessa

19 comments:

Julie H. said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Love the mix of colors on the heart with the embossing. Dreamy.

Justine said...

Wow your card is so beautiful! I love your blog and look at your cards all the time. Your very talented!

Maureen P said...

This is incredibly beautiful! Love how you worked the colours this week...it's perfect!

A Stamper's Journey said...

Your card is beautiful! I love your layout! Nicely done!

Maureen

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful card, the colouring on the heart is stunning!

Anonymous said...

I love this card and the colors you put together. Just Gorgeous!!!

Winter said...

So pretty! Love the design!

Deidre Mooney said...

oh my gosh this is stunning! Thanks for sharing..makes me want to go play with this set! Deidre M

Lisa Brown said...

This is so pretty! I love that Autumn Vine paper...looks fab on this card!

Karen Urbisci said...

Another WOW Card! I may just have to case it!

TFS

Sheila said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! THIS IS MY FAVORITE!

Caroline said...

This is beautiful - love how you have used the colours!

Winter said...

Congrats on top pick! :)

Tethered2Home said...

This is lovely. Hope you had fun at the park.

Julia Aston said...

Love the shading on the heart and the pretty bg panels - congrats on being in the 15!

Kristina said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love how you did the two-toned heard... and the stitching is divine!! Congrats on top pick!

jennifer said...

if it OK with I am adding this to my inspiration file. Well done!

Paula Pascual said...

This is a fantastic card! Just beautiful

Deb Rymer said...

The heart focal image is so pretty. Great job - congrats on the top pick!

 
site design by designer blogs