Saturday, May 30, 2009

Faux Mosaic Tile Frame

Hi! Hope you are all enjoying your weekend! I am using it to catch up a little! Today I wanted to post about a frame I made last week. I am planning to teach it at Scrapdoodles in July as a kids class! Here it is:



I like how it turned out! My hubby even thought it was real glass so at least it looks pretty realistic in real life! It's a fun project but I'm just afraid that the kids will be bored cutting out pieces of paper and gluing it down and waiting for things to dry... Hopefully all with go well!

OK! Keeping it short today!

-tessa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks very cute and super kid friendly!

Amy Reimer said...

Beautiful! Did you use glassy glaze over it?

Carolyn Gibbs said...

Gorgeous Tessa! Might have to give this a try!

Jess Lundahl said...

Wow! You have done a great job with this technique!! I looks so much like real glass.

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome!! It truly looks like tile/glass. How did you get everything lined up so nicely?

Thanks so much!
Crystal (SCS happy2stamp4ever)

Kathy Leibfritz said...

This is a beautiful frame! Would you share how you did it? Did you use the Ranger Faux Mosaic Kit? I'm going on a retreat in a few days and would love to work on one of these while I'm there! Thanks for the help!
Kathy
Hoppi1960@comcast.net

mosaic tiles said...

It looks great.

If it is not real glass what is it!!!

Claire

x

 
site design by designer blogs