Wednesday, December 31, 2008

No Layers

Today I am posting a card I made last night as a challenge to myself to use only one layer on my card! I've seen so many great, simple, one layer cards lately, This is my cousin's birthday card for next week but I may have to revamp it a little... I'm not sure if this "no layers" thing is for me!! I do love the colors though, and the way the balloons turned out (my first try with my SU! markers!) so we'll see... Here is the card, anyways:



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes set, Big Deal Alphabet set, ABC Alphabet Lower set
Inks: Basic Black, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze Classic Inks; Black Staz On; Pretty in Pink marker
Paper: Whisper White, Baja Breeze card stock
Accessories: none! I'm kind of sad...

Ha Ha! After editing the first picture, I HAD to add something!! Here is the revamped version...



I also found a home for the heart embellishment that just didn't work for this card. Here it is on it's new card:



Goodies:
All product by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Little Something set
Ink: Chocolate Chip Classic ink
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Regal Rose card stock; Sweet Always DSP
Accessories: Scallop Edge punch, Pewter Build-a-Brad, Rhinestone Brads, Chocolate Chip wide grosgrain ribbon, Dimensionals

Yesterday's Dutch Baby was definitely worth the drive out!!



It came covered in powdered sugar and had loads more on the side along with butter and lemon... SO Good! Their regular pancakes are yummy, too! My girls cleared their plates quickly and we all left happy and with full bellies!

We are taking it easy today... I want to work on some scrapbook pages and check out QVC... I know... pretty nerdy but I swear Lisa Bearnson will be on! Hee!

Have a great day!!

-tessa

5 comments:

Nancy Riley said...

Both birthday cards are FANTASTIC! Very unique and well designed!

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT birthday card! I love the simplicity of the first & the added touch of the 2nd! :)

Marilyn Goodrich said...

That balloon card is so stinkin' adorable! You did a fabulous job with the one-layer idea!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Congrats on attempting to do just one layer. That's a toughy for me too. I keep trying to simplify things with no luck. I think the card was cute the first way, but the ribbon and popped up balloon do make it a touch more special.

Karen Motz said...

I love your use of the alphabet on the birthday card. I think I'll have to case this idea for one of my nephews. Thanks for sharing!!!

 
site design by designer blogs