Monday, December 1, 2008

Card and a few pages...

Hi! Today I am sick and feeling a little loopy from taking cold medicine... I hate that! I am glad though that I wasn't sick over the holiday weekend! I had fun being lazy and relaxing a little... I didn't even have to cook this year and that was even better!

I went to my friend Dawnette's house on Saturday night with a mission of getting some more pages done in my Mom's heritage album. But, what do you think I did... forgot the pictures! Can't scrap with out them, right! I ended up finishing one page I had started already and working on cards. I had lots of fun though!

Here is what I made:



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Inspired by Nature set
Ink: Kiwi Kiss Classic Ink, Versamark
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, Basic Black card stock
Other: Kiwi Kiss striped ribbon, White embossing powder, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Embossing Buddy

I stamped the grass onto the Kiwi card stock first in Kiwi ink. I rubbed over it with my embossing buddy so that the embossing powder wouldn't stick to the grass. Next, I stamped the daisies with Versamark and sprinkled on the White embossing powder and heat set. I embellished it with the black card stock and ribbon and then decided it needed a little more sparkle! I added the Dazzling Diamonds using a little Tombo multipurpose adhesive. Last, I matted it onto white card stock and a black card base.

Here are a couple of pages from my Mom's book, too!

Vernon Howatson- he was a lumber jack in Preston, WA



Four Generations



As always, thanks for taking a peek!

-tessa

2 comments:

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

LOVE that card. You know I have that stamp set and hated it. But, now I like it again! THANKS!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Your card is terrific. I like the kiwi and black together. Your vintage sb pages are terrific! I have so many old photos I keep meaning to scrap but am never sure how to present them. You have given me great inspiration.

 
site design by designer blogs