Monday, December 29, 2008

A Birthday Resolution!

January starts a new year and one of my resolutions is to send a handmade birthday card to everyone on my list! I decided to start a little early this year... January is pretty busy with birthdays- I've got seven! This is the first I've made, going out to Grandma R on the 23rd. I used my new Petal Pizazz set which will be in the new SU!Spring and Summer Catalog! Here is the card:



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Petal Pizazz set, Best Wishes and More set
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Old Olive Classic inks; Versamark
Paper: Old Olive, Whisper White, Bashful Blue card stock; Maine Blueberry DSP
Accessories: White embossing powder, Rhinestone Brad, Dimensionals

We went in to DC yesterday and had a fun day picnicking on the mall and hitting the National History Museum. We didn't get to see much of it... too many people!! I guess I should have waited until after the holidays but with Jeremy home, I couldn't resist! We didn't even get off the main level or into any exhibits. The interior is really pretty though! It has a great modern feel to it.

Today we are planning to try out a new restaurant for brunch. New to us anyways! A while back, the Travel Channel did one of those "best places for breakfast" shows and on it they had the Original Pancake House and their amazing looking Dutch Babies! I've been drooling over them ever since. I researched a bit and found one of their restaurants close by! Today is Dutch Babies day!! Hee!

I hope you guys are having as much fun as I am! Thanks for stopping by!

-tessa

4 comments:

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

You have all the new goodies already! I just placed my final order for the year, but didn't get too much new stuff yet!

The original pancake house is by my job and is DELICIOUS! They give pancakes with everything! I don't go often because I know I could get addicted!

Anonymous said...

Hello Tessa!

I had to drop in and let you know that I'm new to your blog and I'm really enjoying your cards. They are so pretty.

Happy New Year!

Julie

Unknown said...

I want a Dutch Baby. Whatever thay are! Don't forget Grandma Donna on January 19th. They are leaving for Taiwan on the 20th. Love you Tess, and your very creative website!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I like that new flower set and the color combo.

I love apple Dutch babies. Haven't had one in decades though. Enjoy yours!

 
site design by designer blogs