Thursday, November 20, 2008

Blue and Chocolate Heart

Hello! I thought I'd post a card I made last night. My friend Nicole and I have been exchanging color challenges and here is our latest one- I found it on Williams & Sonoma:



I challenged us to use Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip, and Very Vanilla. I thought I would do a Christmas card with these- (wouldn't snowflakes look pretty in these colors?) but ended up with my trusty Always set instead! Here is the card I made:



Here is the inside:


Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Always set, Together Forever set, En Francais background stamp
Ink: Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip, Timber Brown Staz On
Paper: Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla card stock; Bella Rose DSP, watercolor paper
Other: Scallop Edge punch, Aqua Painter, Very Vanilla wide grosgrain ribbon

I first stamped the heart onto watercolor paper with Timber Brown Staz On ink. The Staz On is important as it does not bleed when water is added. I used my Aqua Painter to blend some of the residual ink from the Bashful Blue ink pad onto the heart. After that, I cut around the inside edge of the heart and inked it with Chocolate Chip ink and a sponge. I matted it onto Very Vanilla card stock with dimensionals and cut around it. Then, I stamped the heart image again onto Bashful Blue card stock. I cut around the outside edge of the dots this time and added a little ink to it, too! For the card, I stamped a piece of Bashful Blue card stock using the En Francais background stamp and Bashful Blue ink. I inked around its edges using Bashful Blue ink. Then I cut a strip of the Chocolate Chip printed paper from the Bella Rose collection to add to the side. Before I adhered it to the Bashful Blue panel, I added the Very Vanilla scallop edge. Next, I matted it onto a piece of Very Vanilla card stock and added it to my Bashful Blue card base. I love how it turned out!

I'm packing today to go on a fun scrapbooking weekend getaway to Nags Head, NC with some of my friends. I am getting excited!! Hopefully I'll have a few projects to share when I get home!

Thanks again for taking a look at my blog!

-tessa

2 comments:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I love blue and brown together. This came out very nice.

Kierra said...

Very pretty card! Love the bashful blue and chocolate chip together.

 
site design by designer blogs