Friday, August 29, 2008

Some Cards

Just thought I'd pop in and share some cards I've made recently... I am going to be crafting with my Mom and Sister tomorrow! Should be fun! We are going to get a head start on Christmas cards!!

Happiness Blooms Card



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up! unless noted

Stamps: Eastern Blooms set; Heard from the Heart set
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Cameo Coral, and Chocolate Chip Classic Stampin' Pad
Paper: Kraft, Whisper White, and Pink Pirouette card stock; Bella Rose DSP
Other: Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals, Stickles(by Ranger)

I am really happy with the Eastern Blooms stamp set. It seems to have so much potential! For my focal point on this card, I stamped 2 large flowers with Pink Pirouette ink on Whisper White card stock. I stamped a Cameo Coral flower on a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock and cut it out. I added it to the center of the first piece using a Dimensional pop dot to pop it up. Then I matted the piece in Kraft card stock. For the background, I cut a piece of the Kiwi Kiss Bella Rose DSP to fit my card front. I also cut a piece of Pink Pirouette card stock to fit the bottom part of my card front. I used the branch stamp from the set to stamp on it with Pink Pirouette ink. When it was full of the design, I adhered both pieces to a Whisper White card stock matt. I added a piece of Chocolate Chip ribbon down the seam and then adhered my focal point to the center. I stamped my sentiment along the bottom in Chocolate Chip ink and then adhered the entire piece to my Kraft card base. I really like how these colors came together!


Silly Monkey Card



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up! unless noted

Stamps: Sock Monkey set
Ink: Basic Black, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Ruby Red, So Saffron Classic Stampin' Pad
Paper: Baja Breeze, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Confetti White, and Ruby Red card stock
Other: Silver Brads; Dimensionals: Aqua Painter

To start out, I created a card base of Baja Breeze. I then cut a piece of So Saffron card stock to fit the center of my card front. I stamped the balloon repeatedly on this piece with So Saffron ink to make a cute background paper. I also inked the edges with So Saffron ink to add a little dimension. Next I added a piece of slightly distressed (on the edges) Ruby Red card stock. After this, I started working on the little monkey! I stamped him in black ink on Confetti White card stock. I watercolored him with residual ink (left in the top of the ink case after pressing the ink pad to it). I matted this with Chocolate Chip card stock and then added it to the card front. Next, I stamped a balloon with Basic Black ink on Baja Breeze card stock and cut it out. I adhered it to the card front with a Dimensional pop dot and drew in the string with a black pen. To finish the card off, I added two silver brads to one side of the focal point and added the sentiment to the bottom of the card.

OK. I also wanted to share a card I made for a swap I joined on SCS. I originally posted about it here but ended up having to change the size because I felt bad not sending an envelope with the larger card... I just cut it around 3 of the edges so that it was a more standard size.

Gingam Bloom



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up! unless noted

Stamps: Bloomin' Beautiful set
Ink: Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, Summer Sun, Kiwi Kiss, Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red
Paper: Whisper White textured card stock; Chocolate Chip and Riding Hood Red card stock; Bella Rose DSP
Other: Stickles (by Ranger); Dimensionals, Circle Fire Rhinestone Brads

Well, I hope you all have a great weekend! I can't wait to have some fun card making with my mom and sister!!

-tessa

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs