Friday, August 8, 2008

Real Red & Yo-Yo Yellow...

For the month of July, Nicole challenged me to use this as my inspiration to design a card and a scrapbook page:



From the cake, she took Real Red, Yo-Yo Yellow, and a splash of Only Orange as her main colors. Here is what I did with it:



Goodies:
All products Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Stamps: Dreams DuJour Set; Polka Dot background
Ink:Real Read, Only Orange, Yo-Yo Yellow, Basic Black
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Yo-Yo Yellow card stock
Other: Stickles by Ranger, Dimensionals, water pen

I watercolored the butterflies and the flowers with my water pen and inks. The butterflies were hard to cut out but I'm glad I did! I love this card! Isn't the glitter pretty!

Here is a closeup of the butterflies:



I had made another card first. After I was done, I realized I've cased myself! I keep making the same card in different colors, Yikes! Here it is anyways:



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Always set
Ink: Real Red, Yo-Yo Yellow, Only Orange, Basic Brown, Versamark
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White, Only Orange, and Yo-Yo Yellow card stock
Others: Clear Embossing Powder, 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, Scallop edge punch, Dimensionals

I stamped the heart in Versamark before inking it up with the brown. That way I could emboss over it, even though it is a dye ink.

I do have a scrapbook page, too but I still have to add the pictures! I've been out of ink and time to have them printed so still it sets on my desk...

One more picture! My husbands Mom and Dad sent a package to the girls last week and this is what was inside! The girls loved them! All day suckers... only a Nana would buy, right! Hee! Here is Natalie enjoying her treat:



Hope you have a great weekend! I'm planning to spend some time making cards for a swap I joined and for the upcoming Collector's Club Class! I'll be holding one at Kristen's house on September 13th featuring Dreams DuJour set!!!

-tessa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Butterfly Card! I love the pretty colors!

 
site design by designer blogs