Tuesday, July 22, 2008

July Color Challenge...

For our second month, Nicole and I swapped color challenges. This time I did mine first, and got them done early! Here is the inspiration...



A skirt by Carter's. They make the cutest little girls clothing! So, from this I chose Tempting Turquoise, Lavender Lace and Whisper White as the challenge. Here is what I came up with:

First, my card:




Goodies:
All by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Fabulous Flowers set and Heard from the Heart set
Ink: Tempting Turquoise and Lavender Lace Classic Stampin' Pads
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Lavender Lace, and Whisper White card stock
Other: Pretties Kit (pearl)

I stamped off onto my scratch paper to get the second generation image on my card. It gives it a lighter, distressed sort of look.


And now, here is my page:



Goodies:

Stamps: Fabulous Flowers and Big Deal Alphabet sets by Stampin' Up!
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Lavender Lace Classic Stampin' Pads
Paper: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise card stock by Stampin' Up; purples from the mono pack, Dragonfly, and White textured card stock by Bazzill Basics
Other: Scallop Boarder Punch, Glitter and Dimensionals by Stampin' Up; Letter stickers by Doodlebug Designs

Have you ever used your stamps in your scrapbook?? I love that I can customize a layout to the exact colors I want! I can make my own patterned paper and embellishments to match! It is great!!!

For this page, I did second generation stamping with all the different flower stamps to make my own patterned paper. I created the layout, showcasing Natalie's photo and added embellishments and journaling. The flowers were stamped in versamark and tempting turquoise ink so I could use the heat and stick powder on them. After I heated it up, I added glitter and then heat set it again. Here is a close up of the larger flower. Doesn't the glitter look great!



Anyways, I am having a lot of fun with these color challenges! Tomorrow I have planned to head down to Scrapdoodles and drop off my cards for my upcoming class there! I'll be sure to post a few pictures for all you curious people out there! I hope you all can make it down on August 23rd!

Oh! More news!! Stampin' Up just announced that we will be able to shop online soon! You can order right through my website, any time, day or night! Don't you love that!!

Bye for now,

-tessa

2 comments:

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

cute layout! love the colors! did you cut out each letter?! a lot of work, but it's very very cute!

tamari* said...

wow, great idea,
and cool flower!:)

 
site design by designer blogs